In This Episode
It’s often been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same thing can be said of the definition of “significant” when it comes to changes. We often help our business coaching clients with not only defining what is a significant change but then also helping them work through options and start to make that change. It can be a difficult thing to do by yourself.
Trying to find some objectivity is helpful. This can be done by getting some outside guidance from a mentor, business group, CPA, business coach, good friend. Anyone who is business oriented but not involved in your day-to-day business. It’s also helpful to frame things in financial terms and how the decision will impact your business. Beware not to fall prey to paralysis by analysis though.
Perhaps most important is to know yourself. Be aware of things like your behavior style which can impact how you make decisions. Also understand if you are more driven by the desire to attain pleasure or avoid pain. Most of us are more likely to act to avoid pain!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Tom and Jerry (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry)
- Tidbit (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tidbit)
- Dr. Evil, Austin Powers (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Evil)
- Apple (https://www.apple.com)
- IBM (ibm.com)
- NBA, Adam Silver (nba.com)
- World Cup (https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/)
- Iceland (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland)
- Eva Peron, Evita, Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Perón)
- Netflix (netflix.com)
- Amazon Prime (amazon.com)
- Hulu (hulu.com)
- Ford (ford.com)
- Weeble (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeble)
- Charlie Weible (http://www.weibleco.com/charles-bio.html)